Terms & Conditions
There are no entry requirements. If the intended student is under the age of 18, the contract needs to be signed by the legal guardian of the minor.Where a company or agency is responsible for settling the account, a signature from a company representative is required.
Course books are not included in the course fees so students should purchase their own course books prior to their course. SPEAK – Languages London will advise which book is required and where this may be purchased. In class, students may receive additional learning materials appropriate to the level of the course, such as photocopies.
Minimum Number of Students
The following minimum numbers will apply:
One-on-One course: Single student only
Small Group classes: 2 to 4 students
Group classes: 10 students
Simply Speaking: 2 students
Maximum Number of Students
For quality reasons the maximum number of students admitted per course is 15.
Where a course takes place during a public holiday, no lessons will take place on that day and no reduction in price will be given except where specifically stated. Individual classes are usually rescheduled (but not always) but group classes are usually forfeited. Please consult a list of public holidays. It is the student’s responsibility to check these since they are often subject to change.
Course fees include VAT unless otherwise stated.
Booking and Payment
1) A contract is made between SPEAK – Languages London and the Client and no booking is valid until the Company has issued a confirmation invoice by e-mail (due within 7 days of receipt). After the invoice has been paid by the client, the lessons will be scheduled. Depending on the contract, lessons might be scheduled via our office or directly with the teacher.All payments must be made in advance before the first lesson takes place unless otherwise stated.
2) We will always take payment in GB pounds and the amount you are charged will depend on the type of course selected.
3) All payments must be made via bank transfer. Cash, Credit or Debit cards, as well as PayPal payments, are not accepted.
4) Student and teacher are not to discuss any rate-related issues. This must be done in writing with the office at SPEAK – Languages London.
5) All courses are non-refundable.
We do not charge any booking fees.
1) If the student needs to cancel a scheduled lesson, the student agrees to contact the teacher or the office at least 48 hours before the scheduled lesson. A student may contact Tutor by email or by telephone.
2) If Student fails to cancel a lesson on time the full amount is due to be paid. Students are not entitled to extra classes if they are absent from lessons.
3) If the contract is an open-ended agreement, the Student may cancel this contract at any time with 1 months’ notice to SPEAK – Languages London. Please note, the cancellation has to be made with the office in writing, not with the teacher.
The student agrees to be on time for each lesson. The student will wait for teachers at least 20 minutes in the event that the teacher is late unless agreed otherwise.The student will make every attempt to complete any homework agreed to between student and teacher.
Any special requests must be advised to the company in writing. Please feel free to make known to us any medical conditions or other needs, which you feel might enable us to provide you with a higher level of personal service and attention. Any information received remains confidential.