How to write the perfect Christmas Card
Aside from other important holiday to-do’s like taking a family Christmas photo and getting your shopping done, another significant item on your Christmas checklist is your annual Christmas card. This season, we’re here to help you get your Christmas cards signed, sealed and delivered. Our guide will help you create the perfect Season’s greetings for everyone on your list. The last thing you need to worry about is what to write in your Christmas cards!
What to Write In a Christmas Card?
= Start your Christmas card message with a Christmas greeting like “Happy Holidays!” or “Merry Christmas!”
= Write a personalized messaged based on your relationship with the recipient.
= For business Christmas cards, write Christmas messages that are cheerful yet appropriate.
= Write a few funny Christmas card lines if you know your card recipient is the type to enjoy a good laugh.
= Write a few religious sayings or Christmas bible verses for those recipients who celebrate their faith during the holiday season.
= Write Christmas card quotes to share the magic of the season.
= Don’t forget to sign your Christmas cards.
In Detail: What to Write in a Christmas Card
It’s not always easy to put your feelings into words or sum up the memorable year that your family had. We have you covered with everything you need to know about what to write in a Christmas card to jump start your writing. Follow the steps below to create the perfect Christmas card sayings for your holiday greetings:
1. Start your Christmas card message with a Christmas greeting. The beginning of your message should include short and sweet greetings that serve as a festive way to address your card recipients. A Christmas wish can go a long way and is the perfect opening for your tailored greeting. Traditional sentiments include, “Merry Christmas!” or “Happy Holidays!”
2. Write a personalized message based on your relationship with the recipient. If you’re close with the card recipient, write a heartfelt message. This will show your card recipient just how much you’re thinking about them this holiday season. Use details specific to the person opening the card to personalize your Christmas card sentiments. Make comments about some big news, a special occasion coming up or a new addition to the family to go along with the rest of your greeting.
3. For business Christmas cards, use Christmas messages that are cheerful yet appropriate. Remember to use formal or professional titles when addressing your Christmas cards, especially when writing on behalf of your business.
4. Write a few funny Christmas card lines if you know your card recipient is the type to enjoy a few laughs.
5. Write a few religious sayings or Christmas bible verses for those recipients who celebrate their faith during the holiday season.
6. Use Christmas card quotes to share the magic of the season. Quotes are the perfect way to inspire your loved ones during the holidays. Don’t be afraid to use cheerful or jolly quotes that spread your festive spirit.
7. Don’t forget to sign your Christmas cards. Use a warm closing for close family and friends, use formal titles for those recipients’ you are not as close with and utilize a more professional closing for your business Christmas cards.